8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: $749 Early Registration: $699
Early registration discount available through September 15O, 2019
Please complete the application form after submitting payment by clicking on the button below and we will contact you. Thank you!
What is Recovery Coaching?
Recovery Coaching is a strength based, highly effective and intensive partnership typically showing a low rate of recidivism. Recovery Coaches are mentors, cheerleaders and living examples of recovery who walk along side those seeking or sustaining recovery. When an individual has a trusted teammate their success rate increases exponentially.
The Recovery Coach Academy© is a 30-hour, intensive training using the principles of the Adult Learning Theory that will enable Recovery Coach participants to:
- Understand the role and function of a Recovery Coach
- Comprehend the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Explore the dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover the attitudes and benefits of self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery, change and their applications
- Increase awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Practice newly acquired skills